Re: Best event to use???

On 05/23/01 Ken Huisman wrote:
I want to pop up a window that says something like
'please wait' while I go off and do some processing
in my application.

What I am wondering is what is the best way to do this?

I was thinking of triggering the processing I want to
do off of an event after the window is displayed, but I
am not sure what event would be the best one to
use for something like this?

Is there a better way to do something like this anyways?

The Gtk::cookbook manpage has an example (the splash screen)
that does almost the same thing, you could do something similar.

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus ximian com                             Monkeys do it better