Problem with gdk crossing mode

Hello,

I found one problem that caused the Gtk Perl extension to croak and
die with the following error message:

    Invalid value 32 for GdkCrossingMode

The strange thing is that this problem happened only on one specific
configuration of a Sun computer after I had run some other program.
It happened when I tried to drag an object on the Gnome Canvas.

I managed to workaround this problem with no visible side effects
by applying the following ugly patch in Gtk/GdkTypes.c :

<  hv_store(h, "mode", 4, newSVGdkCrossingMode(e->crossing.mode), 0);
 hv_store(h, "mode", 4, newSVGdkCrossingMode(e->crossing.mode%3), 0);

This is obviously not the way to do it... The real problem is that
gdk returned a crossing mode that is outside its enum range. Why
did this happen? And what is the proper perl way of dealing with
this?

This happened with gtk version 1.2.8 .

Regards,
--
                                                                    ___
Dov Grobgeld                        | Email: dov orbotech com      /+  \  PCB