Re: How to force toplevel->show

On Wed, 2 May 2001 14:29:29 -0700 (PDT), <poyen aleks com> said:

 Hi all ,

  How can I force Gtk to have my window showed when I want ?
  Here is my case : I create a window, make a window->show on it,
 and THEN, start a while loop. The windows shows itself only AFTER the
 loop. That's why I think I'd better force the window to be showed :

 Here is my code :

 my $win = new Gtk::Window ;
      $win->show_all ;

        Gtk->main_iteration() while (Gtk->events_pending());

should do it :)

Maher

      print " See the window ? \n" ;
      #At that point , no !
      my $i = 100000 ;
      while ($i) {print "."; $i-- };
      # Here, the $win displays itself at last.

 I've not seen any other functions, like the Gtk::Gdk->flush that would
 apply  for Gtk::Window.

 If not found anything like that in the cookbook.
 Thanks if you have any tips.