Circles and DrawingAreas

Has anyone out there successfully created a circle and placed it inside a
DrawingArea?  I'm almost finished with a project, and what I thought was
going to be a trivial final detail is turning out to be quite complicated.
None of the documentation I've seen covers the DrawingArea widget or its use
in much detail.  I've gathered that I have to create a pixmap onto which to
render the circle (using Gtk::Curve I suppose), but thus far I've not been
able to get the Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap::new procedure to work.  I've read through
the Gtk-Perl Tutorial and as much of the documentation at gtk.org as I
could.  Are there other sources of documentation that I may have overlooked?

Thanks!

-dpf-

David P. Fannin
Database Administrator                                  dpf umr edu
UM-Rolla Computing and Information Services      FAX (573) 341-4216
URL  http://www.umr.edu/~dpf                   PHONE (573) 341-4841