Re: widget tutorial (warming up for)

  Hello,

From swilhelm theriver com Sat Jan 13 19:07:04 2001

#  On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Etienne Grossmann wrote:
#
#  >   I will soon have a little time to work on a tutorial on using custom
#  > gtk widgets in perl.
#  >
#  >   I started it in html, but I am not sure that's the best format. I am
#  > more familiar with latex; would that be an acceptable format?
#
#  Try using DocBook.  I've found it to be an excellent markup language for
#  this sort of thing.  You can automatically convert DocBook SGML (or
#  DocBook XML) to HTML, TeX, PDF, PostScript, and several other formats.
#  It also has some very nice features that make things like
#  cross-referencing easy.

  Looks like a useful suggestion; I just installed docbook and
docbook-doc packages.

#  There is a bit of a learning curve, but http://www.docbook.org and the
#  O'Reilly book are very good.
#
#  Also, if the document is short enough, would you consider making it a part
#  of my tutorial?  Custom widgets is something I'm interested in, but

  Sure

#  decided not to include because of time constraints.  e-mail me if you are
#  interested.
#
#  --
#  Stephen Wilhelm