Re: Perl + OAF

On 12/20/00 Rodrigo Moya wrote:
Is there anybody working on the Perl bindings for OAF? I haven't seen
nothing on the gnome-perl CVS module.

I did a stub at that, but lately I'm working on the bonobo binding
for perl, you can find it in cvs gnome-perl, directory Bonobo.
It requires a few changes to CORBA::ORBit though, let me know
if you have problems building it.
With that I use the moniker API to activate objects:
        $obj = Bonobo->get_object("file:/etc/motd", "IDL:Bonobo/Stream:1.0");
or
        $obj = Bonobo->get_object("file:image.png", "IDL:Bonobo/Control:1.0");
it's a lot nicer and more powerful as well.

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus helixcode com                          Monkeys do it better