Re: Interesting segfaults

On 02/26/01 dLux wrote:
I sometimes get segfault when I want to load a glade file, which
contains GtkButton objects. After I change them to GtkToggleButton, no
segfault occures. Correction: the problem occures only when I want to
connect signals to them (clicked signal) to buttons, no matter if the
callback exists or not, it did not call the autoconnect helper
function either.

Interesting, that if I switched back to GtkButton, and if I load one of
the two custom widget first (ButtonMatrix), after the Gtk->init (not in
the Gtk::GladeXML::create_custom_widget), it also avoid the segfault. If
I load the second (DateTimeEdit), it also crashes. DateTimeEdit is a
subclass of Gtk::Button.

You *NEED* to initialize Gtk before building widgets: this is
usually done in two ways:

*) Gtk->init; # if you use only the Gtk widgets
*) Gnome->init($appname, $version); # if you use Gnome

It is not clear from the above description if you did that.
Anyway, try to provide a possibly small test case that shows the problem
(i.e. a .glade file and the .pl file).
Requiring me to install mysql to test it is not going to work:-)
Besides, on the cvs server I get this:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous cvs handhelds org:/cvs/pimpaq

cvs login <enter>

$ cvs login
(Logging in to anonymous cvs handhelds org)
CVS password:
cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.handhelds.org rejected access

Do you have any idea, where I can find debugging?

You could get some insight on the problem running the program
under debugperl in gdb:

$ gdb debugperl
(gdb) r myprogram.pl
... program crashes...
(gdb) bt
... program stack.... look at this info or mail it to me.

It helps a lot if you have the libraries and the module compiled
with debugging information (make OPTIMIZE=-g for Gtk/Perl).

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus ximian com                             Monkeys do it better