Re: Signal descriptions

On 02/19/01 dLux wrote:
Can anybody know where I can find info about the events and signals? I
read the GTK reference, but I have found only has a list of events and
signals without description.

Some of the signals are described in the various gtk related
books (check the book from Havoc on developer.gnome.org, it's
also available online) or in posts on the mailing lists. Check
http://www.gnome.org/resources/mailing-lists.html for the
searchable archives.

For example I want to know what is the difference between the "destroy"
and "delete" event.

"destroy" signal: emitted just before the objects gets destroyed.
        After you get this signal, the object is useless.
"destroy_event" signal: you don't want to care about this one
"delete_event" signal: sent when a toplevel windows is closed
        using the window manager facilities (close button on the title bar
        for example). In the handler return TRUE if you don't want the window
        to be destroyed.

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus ximian com                             Monkeys do it better