option menu

Hi everybody ,

i'm a newbie and even if i really hope to delete this annoying
characteristics from my messages , there's still some work to do to achieve
this . Like learning how you make appear the default choice of an option
menu and afterwards the choice itself .

I have the option menu represented only by a downward arrow/triangle , when
i click on it , my nice option menu appears with its four options , but
when i select one of these , again the only thing that remains visible is
the arrow .

I've browsed extensively the tutorial without finding the way to do it .
It's probably my "computer english" which is not good enough ... I'm sorry
for this non far-reaching question but it's my concern of the moment .

Any help would be appreciated ( sample of code , place to look at in the
tutorial ... ) .

D vid