Re: documentation

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Christian Borup wrote:
Stephen Wilhelm wrote:

I am currently in the process of rewriting the tutorial in DocBook

Why DocBook and not pod, as most every other perl module?
It sucks not beeing able to say perldoc Gnome...

pod would be ideal for the reference documentation (not my
responsibility), but it is less than ideal for a tutorial, which is
organized more like a book is.  Furthermore, it is hard to get pod to
create documents that look equally well both on-line and printed out
(which is what DocBook was designed for).

I guess one could generate pod from the DocBook sources (though hardly very
well), but it does seem rather silly.

Actually, it would be very easy to take DocBook sources and create pod out
of them.  This is an excellent suggestion for the Gtk-Perl reference
documentation, but as I said above, less than ideal for the tutorial
because of the differences in how the two documents are organized.

--
Stephen Wilhelm
    See my Gtk-Perl Tutorial: