Re: [gtk-osx-users] Newer macOS version (12.0) than being linked (11.0)

Le 7 janv. 2022 à 17:31, Gabriele Greco <gabrielegreco gmail com> a écrit :

The warning you have are almost harmless, they said just that the MAIN application is built with an OSX sdk
older than the libraries it uses. This can be a problem since the application will be able to run on macos
11 but the library may use some macos12 only symbols.

I usually build with 10.10 MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET env variable, both the libraries (gtk, ffmpeg...) and
the application.

Please note that the C target (so most GTK APIs) has an ABI that is almost freezed, but if you use also C++
libraries (ie GTKmm) having libraries compiled against a newer SDK than the application may be a problem.

Thanks Gabry for your answer.

I was blinded with the linker warning and the fact I had just upgrading on macOS 12.
Obviously it is not the case: I built all again with setup_sdk(target="10.11") with no more success.

Regards, Pascal.
https://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr