[gtk-osx-users] Could not detect Ninja

Hello

I am trying to install GTK on MacOS 11.5.2 Big Sur as per the instructions on

    https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK/OSX/Building

The command "jhbuild bootstrap-gtk-osx" completed successfully.

However, "jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap meta-gtk-osx-gtk3" failed in phase 8/33 with the following error

    ERROR: Could not detect Ninja v1.8.2 or newer.

I tried doing "jhbuild build ninja" but it didn't work.

I'm completely new to all this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

David