[gtk-osx-users] Installation errors and uninstalling

Hello all,

I’m not an experienced developer but I have been used to using the Python GTK+ bindings in order to build GUI’s for my Python applications. I stumbled upon the gtk-osx build but during the installation, namely, building the core and gtk3 dependencies, I encountered some errors that made it seemingly impossible to build glib, cairo, gobject-introspection, etc.

Now, I’m not super familiar with these terms and I probably mixed them up, but I can tell that there is something missing or linked incorrectly which is why I’m not getting a successful installation. One idea I have about why it’s not installing correctly is that I may not have the command-line developer tools correctly installed. I didn’t want Xcode installed on my system but I did try to run the command xcode-select —install , however, I believe I had some errors downloading from Apple’s servers and I’m not sure if another package installation may have fixed this issue.

At the end of the day, I switched to macOS to avoid digging my computer into a grave like I did with my Linux system, so if there is an easy fix for this then I will attempt to do it. Otherwise, I would like to know if there is an existing script to reverse all of the changes I’ve made to my system by running all of the commands in the GNOME installation tutorial page (quickstart commands have all been run).

I appreciate any help I can get, thanks in advance!