Re: [gtk-osx-users] GTK3 examples displayed on Catalina.

Le 25 janv. 2020 à 19:46, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> a écrit :

On Jan 25, 2020, at 2:08 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Hello,

I've installed gtK3 on Catalina with jhbuild from GTK-OSX (see my previous post).
In order to get a quick test, I took the example "opening files" from:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/ch01s04.html#id-1.2.3.12.7

This example is on GitLab:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/tree/gtk-3-22/examples/application3

I built it:
% jhbuild shell
% cd ... # application3 folder
% make -f Makefile.example
And ran it:
% ./exampleapp

But the displayed window is empty instead of looking like the one displayed in the tutorial.

Is it the same on your installed gtk3?
The gtk3-demo in $prefix/bin seems to work properly.
What is wrong?

You have to pass one or more files for it to open on the command line, e.g.
$PREFIX/../src/gtk+-3.24.10/examples/application3/exampleapp ~/foo.txt ~/bar.txt

Where did Makefile.example come from and why did you find it necessary to build it by hand? It should have been built along with everything else.

Hello John,

The makefile comes from GitLab sources.
I built it from GitLab sources as it didn't work from GTK3 sources.

I missed that the files were coming from command line, thanks John :-)

Well, now I put them on the command line with no more success:
% ./exampleapp exampleapp.h main.c

A rapid look in the debugger shows that they are taken in account:
Breakpoint 1, example_app_open (app=0x1028010f0, files=0x1020c61f0, n_files=2,
    hint=0x102047160 "") at exampleapp.c:43
43   for (i = 0; i < n_files; i++)
(gdb) p n_files
$1 = 2