Re: [gtk-osx-users] macOS Catalina’s new security features versus GTK.

On Jan 16, 2020, at 11:30 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Le 14 janv. 2020 à 00:05, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> a écrit :

On Jan 13, 2020, at 12:33 PM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Hello,

I run a GTK program on Catalina, when I want to open a file in Document folder, I've got an error:
"operation not permitted".
I've added the application in system preferences -> security and privacy -> Privacy -> Full disk access.
But the error remains.

Any clue?

Nope.

Is this a Gtk app you built yourself with gtk-osx? If so, are you running it from $PREFIX/bin or have you
bundled it?

Hello John,

I bundled it myself by hand, the executable file is a shell script that launch the binary from an another
folder.
% ls -R GPS.app
Contents/

GPS.app/Contents:
Info.plist  MacOS/      PkgInfo     Resources/

GPS.app/Contents/MacOS:
gps*

GPS.app/Contents/Resources:
gps_welcome_logo.icns

I found some discussions but without straight solution.
see https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/3710

A workaround is to launch the binary from the Terminal.

I go on googling Internet...

Pascal,

That's not an application as far as MacOS is concerned. If it even launches it's only because you built it
yourself; it wouldn't even launch on a different Mac because downloaded bundles aren't allowed to access
binaries only in the bundle or in the system folders /usr/lib, /usr/bin, and /System/Library/Frameworks.

Did you grant disk access to the bundle or to the external binary? I'd think it would have to be the external
binary and that the bundle wouldn't actually matter.

Since you didn't use Gtk-OSX to build the binary nor gtk-mac-bundler to make the bundle, why did you think
that this is an appropriate mailing list in which to seek support?