Re: [gtk-osx-users] ImportError: No module named gi.

Le 31 mars 2019 à 16:24, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen fremont ca us> a écrit :

On Mar 31, 2019, at 2:03 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Does "gi" exist for python 2? How to get it?

Build pygobject3 with python2. pygobject is for Gtk2.

Python2 goes out of support at the end of *this year*. It's way past time that you covert your app to
python3. It's not hard, most apps can be converted in a day or two.

Thanks John for the clarification, I thought pygobject3 was for Python 3 :-(
I made this misunderstanding because I got this error with Python 2:

*** Building pygobject3 *** [4/4]
python setup.py build
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 29, in <module>
    import pkg_resources
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

What is going on?

Thanks, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr