Re: [gtk-osx-users] cannot build core libraries

On Feb 20, 2019, at 8:53 PM, veto myridia com wrote:

hi,

im right now with my second clean mojave installation,
and i follow the instruction on this site:

https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/GTK/OSX/Building?action=show&redirect=Projects%2FGTK%2B%2FOSX%2FBuilding

i could again build all except:

meta-gtk-osx-core
and
meta-gtk-osx-gtk3

on meta-gtk-osx-gtk3 what i really need for my little c-gtk3 desktop app i
stuck with missing python libs like six ....

Python3 is now required by gobject-integration, so add that to your module list. It will build pretty early
because libxml needs it. After building python 3 completes interrupt the build and drop to a shell where
you'll need to create symlinks $PREFIX/bin/python -> $PREFIX//bin/python3 and $PREFIX/bin/python-config ->
$PREFIX/bin/python3-config. Then you can run python --ensurepip followed by pip six, quit the shell, and
resume your build.