Re: [gtk-osx-users] GTK+ macOS: fontconfig

Unless you have set up out-of-source builds by defining buildroot in .jhbuildrc-custom, *everything*. That would be `rm -rf ~/gtk` if you use the jhbuildrc defaults.

If you set buildroot then you can just nuke it and prefix.

If you’re going to try to build for 10.7 on a later version be sure you have a machine or VM running 10.7 that you can test on. Last I checked old MacOS versions were available from the downloads section of developer.apple.com if you’re a registered Developer (and I guess you must be if you’re using the App Store). I’ve found VMWare Fusion works quite well for the purpose.

I’m curious about only needing Pango, Cairo, and Freetype. That implies that you’re creating a cairo surface inside of an NSView, which strikes me as a bit odd. Why not just go the rest of the way and do a fully native implementation?