Re: [gtk-osx-users] Error while installing gtk - subversion module - invalid paramter

On Jan 12, 2017, at 10:00 AM, John Ralls wrote:

On Jan 11, 2017, at 9:19 PM, G 3 <programmingkidx gmail com> wrote:

While installing GTK using the gtk-osx-build-setup.sh program, this error message appeared:

*** Configuring subversion *** [9/28]
./autogen.sh --prefix /Users/user/gtk/inst
invalid parameter: '--prefix'
*** Error during phase configure of subversion: ########## Error running ./autogen.sh --prefix /Users/user/gtk/inst *** [9/28]

I also saw this error message while the bison module was installing:

                from lib/math.c:3:
lib/math.h:27:23: error: #include nested too deeply

I am running Mac OS 10.4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try adding attribute `autogen-sh="configure"` to the subversion element in ~/Source/jhbuild/modules/bootstrap.modules.

I didn't find the file you suggested. Did you mean ~/Source/jhbuild/ modulesets/bootstrap.modules? This was added to the file I found: <dep package="subversion" autogen-sh="configure"/> <!-- Needed for Tiger, skipped otherwise -->

I ran jhbuild again but I saw this error message again:
./autogen.sh --prefix /Users/user/gtk/inst
invalid parameter: '--prefix'

"bison" is bison v3 which is known not to compile on 10.4. Add a line
   skip.append('bison")
to your jhbuildrc and then separately run

Where is the jhbuildrc file located? I found a ~/Source/jhbuild/ jhbuild/defaults.jhbuildrc file. Is that it?

I was able to install bison 3.0.4 using TigerBrew. Is there a way I could this version of bison? Same situation of SVN.

   jhbuild --moduleset=bootstrap.modules buildone bison2
to get the older bison2, which should build OK. You won't be able to build gstreamer, but IIRC that's not the only reason it won't build on Tiger.

Thank you very much for the help.