Re: [gtk-osx-users] Dynamically loading GTK-OSX?

On Dec 22, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Kevin Layer <layer franz com> wrote:

I was able to follow and build GTK-OSX from this:
 http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX/Building

Thanks to all for making these instructions.

My situation is a little different than the norm, though, since I need
to dynamically load the GTK libraries.  I've searched around and have
found no help for doing this.

There are a bunch of dylib's in ~/gtk/inst/lib/, but before I go down
the road of trying to load these and use them, is it the general
consensus that it should be possible to do this?

Well, you can dlopen dylibs, so if you've actually got that working on Linux there's no reason it won't work
on OS X too. I'm a bit skeptical of the practicality of doing that with a GUI framework, but I suppose if
you've been really good about isolating the GUI functions from the rest of the program's behavior it should
be possible.

On the other hand, if you can do that you can also create a Cocoa GUI that will work better and be much more
pleasing to your Mac users.