Re: [gtk-osx-users] [Gtk-osx-users] Now it is WebKit (was LibSoup buid fails HARD)

On Apr 8, 2015, at 11:25 PM, Thinus Pollard <thinus pollard co za> wrote:

Sorry for the state of this reply, but I don’t seem to be receiving mails from the list. I re-subscribed,
lets see if it comes through now.

Thanks John, I stumbled my way through the make uninstall && make install in glib-networking. It is very
weird.

After this issue all went well until I got to WebKit. That crashed with an function it could not find. The
patch at https://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=154643&action=diff sorted the first issue.

Now it is complaining about:
In file included from
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/map:423:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/__tree:157:23:
 error: invalid operands to binary expression ('pointer' (aka 'std::__1::__tree_node_base<void *> *') and
'std::nullptr_t') if (__x->__right_ != nullptr)

and

Tools/DumpRenderTree/gtk/DumpRenderTree.cpp:470:15: error: use of undeclared identifier 'LC_ALL'; did you
mean 'P_ALL'? setlocale(LC_ALL, ""); ^~~~~~ P_ALL
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/usr/include/sys/wait.h:80:2:
 note: 'P_ALL' declared here P_ALL, ^ Tools/DumpRenderTree/gtk/DumpRenderTree.cpp:470:5: error: use of
undeclared identifier 'setlocale' setlocale(LC_ALL, "”);

The first issue looks like the nullptr variable is a different type than the other pointer from (it looks
like) a tree class in the std lib. And C++ is barfing all over it when you try to compare the two. I’m no
C++ expert…

The second issue looks like the includes for some localisation package may be missing.

Any ideas?
I did a fresh build of WebKit on Monday with no trouble and requiring no patches beyond the ones already in
the moduleset. LC_ALL is defined by the C standard, not "some localization package", and the fact that the
errors are coming from compiler and SDK includes says that you've gotten something screwed up in your build
environment.