Re: [gtk-osx-users] Support for GURL (Get URL) handling

On Jun 1, 2014, at 11:44 PM, Sharoon Thomas wrote:

Hello Folks,

I hope this is the right mailing list to ask this.

Apple sends a GURL (Get URL) [1] event to the application when a URL corresponding to the URL schemes
registered by the application is clicked/opened.

1. Does gtk-mac-integration handle GURL events ?

No.

2. If no, would a patch for the same be interesting for the developers to be made part of
gtk-mac-integration ?

Maybe. Is there a general use case? Considering that gtkosxapplication is largely obsoleted for Gtk3 by
gapplication, does it make sense to extend it?

I have written a small snippet using pyobjc [2] which handles the event as an example,

No it doesn't. It registers a no-op handler for the event, but doesn't actually do anything.  The interesting
part of any patch is the integration into gtk.

To be acceptable a patch would have to have the part you've done in ObjectiveC and the part you haven't done,
the conversion of the Apple Event to a GObject signal on gtkosxapplication, in C. It must compile and run on
all OSX versions from 10.5.