Re: [gtk-osx-users] cups server issues

On May 29, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe gmail com> wrote:

 Typically I would try a bunch of options before consulting a list, but my previous experiences  with gtk builds is that it's easy to make matters worse by doing that.

When doing
    jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap

on OSX 10.6.8 the server is hardcoded to fetch a pretty old version of cups from a particular location that doesn't seem to provide it anymore so I just get

wget --continue http://ftp.easysw.com/pub/cups/1.2.12/cups-1.2.12-source.tar.bz2 -O /Users/agoodloe/gtk/source/pkgs/cups-1.2.12-source.tar.bz2
Resolving ftp.easysw.com... 208.96.52.102
Connecting to ftp.easysw.com|208.96.52.102|:80... failed: Operation timed out.
Retrying.

until things timeout.  My first inclination would be to install it myself and see if I can figure out how to prevent the auto build from fetching it, but the configuration build still seems brittle anyone know what the best work around is?

Cups is needed only for Tiger. Put
  skip.append('cups')
In your .jhbuildrc-custom. It's supposed to work that way, but obviously I messed something up, so I'll have another go
is a few days. As for easysw.com not being available, which appears to be the case, I guess I'll have to host cups-1.2.12 on
Sourceforge. I'm pretty sure I've got a copy of that tarball here somewhere.