Re: [gtk-osx-users] [Gramps-devel] python version mismatch while attempting clean build.

On Jul 30, 2013, at 7:08 AM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2013, at 6:39 AM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2013, at 1:02 AM, Ronan Waide <waider gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

running in my usual clean-build environment, the build is failing in
rsvg with the following:

GISCAN Rsvg-2.0.gir
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/waider/gtk/inst/bin/g-ir-scanner", line 44, in <module>
  from giscanner.scannermain import scanner_main
File
"/Users/waider/gtk/inst/lib/gobject-introspection/giscanner/scannermain.py",
line 29, in <module>
  import tempfile
File "/Users/waider/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/tempfile.py", line 34, in
<module>
  from random import Random as _Random
File "/Users/waider/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 47, in
<module>
  from os import urandom as _urandom
ImportError: cannot import name urandom
make[2]: *** [Rsvg-2.0.gir] Error 1

This is basically down to the fact that the system python is 2.7.2 and
the jhbuild python is 2.7.3. jhbuild used have an option to ignore the
system-provided tools, but that appears to have vanished with the recent
upgrade to jhbuild 3.x; however, I've managed a clean build since that
update, so something else has triggered this failure. I can investigate
hacking around this (seems like the problem is the g-ir-scanner
script/build rather than Rsvg) but wanted to bring it up here in case
there's already a known fix.

Thanks for bringing it up, but this is the wrong list. Please use gtk-osx-users-list gnome org for build
issues not
related directly to Gramps code

I think I bumped up against this yesterday; it was just as my wife called me to dinner, so I didn't have
time to investigate. I suspect that a search path is getting whacked.

Well, the problem I hit wasn't related. I had experimentally bumped the Python
version to the latest one and run an Xcode3 build with SDK-10.5. For some reason
I can't find, Python-2.7.5 is pulling in a symbol from libssl-0.9.8.dylib, even though SDK-1.5 only provides
libssl-0.9.7.dylib, which doesn't have the symbol. Importing _hashlib fails. 2.7.4 and earlier don't have the
problem. There seem to be no differences in the relevant sources, and the gcc command lines seem to be
identical.