Re: [gtk-osx-users] [Gramps-devel] python version mismatch while attempting clean build.

On 07/30/2013 03:08 PM, John Ralls wrote:
On Jul 30, 2013, at 6:39 AM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2013, at 1:02 AM, Ronan Waide <waider gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

running in my usual clean-build environment, the build is failing in
rsvg with the following:

  GISCAN Rsvg-2.0.gir
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/waider/gtk/inst/bin/g-ir-scanner", line 44, in <module>
    from giscanner.scannermain import scanner_main
  File
"/Users/waider/gtk/inst/lib/gobject-introspection/giscanner/scannermain.py",
line 29, in <module>
    import tempfile
  File "/Users/waider/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/tempfile.py", line 34, in
<module>
    from random import Random as _Random
  File "/Users/waider/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 47, in
<module>
    from os import urandom as _urandom
ImportError: cannot import name urandom
make[2]: *** [Rsvg-2.0.gir] Error 1

This is basically down to the fact that the system python is 2.7.2 and
the jhbuild python is 2.7.3. jhbuild used have an option to ignore the
system-provided tools, but that appears to have vanished with the recent
upgrade to jhbuild 3.x; however, I've managed a clean build since that
update, so something else has triggered this failure. I can investigate
hacking around this (seems like the problem is the g-ir-scanner
script/build rather than Rsvg) but wanted to bring it up here in case
there's already a known fix.
Thanks for bringing it up, but this is the wrong list. Please use gtk-osx-users-list gnome org for build
issues not
related directly to Gramps code
I think I bumped up against this yesterday; it was just as my wife called me to dinner, so I didn't have time
to investigate. I suspect that a search path is getting whacked.

The only option in jhbuild to ignore system-provided tools that I know about is the --ignore-system option to
jhbuild bootstrap, which tells jhbuild to build a program even if it's already available on the path. Was
there something else that I've missed?
Hi John,

that's the option I was referring to - it seems like it's no longer available in jhbuild since you upgraded it:

lumpy:gramps waider$ jhbuild bootstrap --ignore-system
Usage: jhbuild bootstrap [ options ... ] [ modules ... ]

jhbuild: error: no such option: --ignore-system

cheers,
Waider

--
waider gmail com / It's about as impersonal as you can get.