Re: [gtk-osx-users] Help installing GTK+ 2.0

On Dec 6, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Koenig, Xavier <xavier koenig yale edu> wrote:

Hi,
I'm hoping to install GTK+ 2.0 on my MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5. I see in the documentation that having
macports and fink also installed is problematic, and I have both on my machine. Can you help me get around
this? I see the instructions on your site, but I'm not expert enough to understand and implement them.

If you’re not expert enough, then you probably have no reason to use Gtk-OSX. It’s for developers, not users.

Since you have already got both MacPorts and Fink (why? they both do the same thing), you’ve probably already
got two installations of libgtk.

If you’re determined to press ahead, the easiest thing to do is to create a separate user for building
gtk-osx. Just open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the panel, and press the + button. You’ll have
to authenticate. Then log in to the new account (fast user switching works really well for this) and begin
the installation procedure.