Re: [gtk-osx-users] gobject-introspection

On Nov 1, 2013, at 3:31 AM, Pierre Boutillier <pierre boutillier laposte net> wrote:

Hi,
Sorry me again (By the way, am I in the good place by sending email or should I report bugs ?)

Compiling gobject-introspection on MacOS 10.6 has always been a nightmare for and I really often end with the error message I copy/paste at the end of this message.

This is not exactly my point here (even if having a working object-introspection would allow me to compile gtk3 …)

  <autotools id="gtk+" autogen-sh="autoreconf"
             autogenargs="--with-gdktarget=quartz --enable-quartz-relocation --disable-introspection">
and
    <dependencies>
[…]
      <dep package="gobject-introspection"/>
    </dependencies>

Sorry for the delay; I meant to answer this at the time and then forgot.

If you want gtk3, you want to build the module gtk+-3.0, or more likely meta-gtk-osx-gtk3.
Gobject-introspection doesn't work particularly well with Gtk2, and therefore isn't used by many bindings. It's a dependency primarily because gtk2's configure.ac needs introspection.m4 and it's not in the tarballs or git repo.