From: John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us>
To: Chris Share <cpsmusic yahoo com>; GTK+-2 OSX Users <gtk-osx-users lists sourceforge net>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 August 2013 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [gtk-osx-users] [Gtk-osx-users] Installing pyGTK

On Aug 12, 2013, at 6:31 PM, Chris Share <cpsmusic yahoo com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build solfege-3.22.0. The program requires pygtk.

When I run configure (from a jhbuild shell) I get the following error:

configure: error: Package requirements (pygtk-2.0 >= 2.12.0) were not met:

No package 'pygtk-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables PYGTK_CFLAGS
and PYGTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Is it possible to install pygtk so that it uses gtk-osx?

If so, how do I do this?

You have to build meta-gtk-osx-python to get pygtk and meta-gtk3-osx-python for pygobject.