Re: [gtk-osx-users] [gtk-osx-devel] Previous method for building gtkmm3

On Nov 5, 2012, at 5:59 PM, JIm Charlton <jim jimc dyndns org> wrote:

> On 12-10-25 09:15 AM, John Ralls wrote:
>> On Oct 23, 2012, at 8:20 PM, Jim Charlton <jim jimc dyndns org> wrote:
>>
>>> If I do
>>> jhbuild buildone cairomm
>>> using either modulesets-stable or unstable, it errors out saying FcPattern has not been declared.
>>>
>>> I have a relatively pristine installation of the OS and Xcode.  Are we sure that Cairomm does not need FontConfig???  How does one fix this?
>> Yes. Those functions are protected with #ifdef CAIRO_HAS_FT_FONT. You've managed to confuse configure into defining it.
>>
>> Given your previous messages, I think you need to make a clean start by deleting everything: jhbuild (in ~/Source), checkoutroot and prefix (by default in ~/gtk/src and ~/gtk/inst respectively), and ~/.jhbuild*. Run the following commands, in order, verbatim:
>>
>> gtk-osx-build-setup.sh
>> jhbuild bootstrap
>> jhbuild --moduleset='http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-osx/plain/modulesets-stable/gtk-osx.modules' build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap meta-gtk-osx-gtk3 meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm
>>
>> Do not *ever* edit ~/.jhbuildrc. You can use .jhbuildrc-custom to make just about any modification you can program in python. Don't mix modulesets, either: The dependency chains aren't interchangeable, though bootstrap.modules, invoked by `jhbuild bootstrap`, is special and installed in ~/Source/jhbuild/modulesets; there's only one of it. For example, to save some typing, you can create a .jhbuildrc-custom containing the following lines:
>>
>> moduleset = 'http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-osx/plain/modulesets-stable/gtk-osx.modules'
>> modules = ['meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap', 'meta-gtk-osx-gtk3', 'meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm']
>>
>> after which you would need only say `jhbuild build` on the command line to accomplish the same task.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>>
> John:
>
> Sorry that I did not get back to you on your more precise instructions (install gtkmm3).  I tried it twice.  Each time it stopped during building of freetype saying that there was no target for " install".  I told it to ignore that... recalling that freetype was not even needed.  It went on to build fontconfig... something else that I thought was not needed.  Then it choked on atk (not atkmm).  Anyway... I have had some other hardware problems that are taking all of my time so I am not sure when I will get back to it. Perhaps I can try your more recent upgrade to the packages when I get a chance.

*Please* remember to CC the list!

If freedesktop is stopping then you're building stable, from tarballs. That means you're not following my instructions.

Sorry to hear about your hardware issues, that's a real PITA. Hope you can get them resolved quickly.

Regards