[gtk-osx-users] Problem using gtkOSXApplication file open signal with Vala

I have created a vapi file for gtk-mac-integration s, and I have application code which uses it and they which mostly work. However when the code to connect the NSApplicationOpenFile signal runs, glib reports the following GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2206: signal `ns-application-open-file' is invalid for instance `0x1401d020'

The relevant part of the vapi is
/* Signals */
[CCode(cname="NSApplicationOpenFile")]
public signal bool ns_application_open_file(string file_name);

And the calling code is
osxApp.ns_application_open_file.connect(ipc_server.install_from_file);

Fuller details at http://fpaste.org/vOT9/

I am using Vala 0.12.1 (because I need to work with dbus-glib and later Vala's don't support it).

Any ideas what the problem might be or how best to proceed?

Thanks

Pete

--
Pete Fotheringham