Re: [Gtk-osx-users] GTK Install

On Sep 19, 2011, at 5:03 PM, American Cafe Guitar Amplification wrote:

Can you explain this?
It is very unclear.
I have a Mac OSX 10.4   Intel dual core.

 $ alias jhbuild="PATH=gtk-prefix/bin:$PATH jhbuild"

Obviously you should substitute the actual path of your gtk installation for gtk-prefix.
If you add it to your .bashrc or .bash_profile you won't need to worry about it.

I don't know what my GTK-prefix is. It is not obvious.
There is no GTK folder with a BIN folder inside of it on my system.

Your gtk-prefix is whatever you assign to the "prefix" variable in .jhbuildrc-setup, by default ~/gtk/inst. It won't be there until you start building.

If this is the first time you've built a program, you should probably practice with some easier projects to learn how the Gnu build system works before you try Gtk-OSX. This isn't really a suitable project for noobs.