Re: [Gtk-osx-users] trying to create a framework with the file create-frameworks.sh

On Jul 2, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Energy wrote:

> Hello, Im trying to create a framework with the file create-frameworks.sh from https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-framework
>

> I create a new clean mac user on my system doing the steps to create a working SDK
> from de README file of that repo-dir
>
> my terminal steps:
>
> * I downloaded the file sh gtk-osx-build-setup.sh from http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/wiki/Build and run it:
>
> sh gtk-osx-build-setup.sh
> Installing jhbuild...
> Installing jhbuild configuration...
> Installing gtk-osx moduleset files...
> Done.
>

> * Check this file ~/.jhbuildrc-cfw-10.4 and its ok on my home directory with the same content from:
> http://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/raw/master/jhbuildrc-gtk-osx-cfw-10.4
>
> * This other two comands finish fine
>
> JHB=cfw-10.4 jhbuild bootstrap
> .
> .
> *** success *** [9/9]
>
> JHB=cfw-10.4 jhbuild build
> .
> .
> *** success *** [17/17]
>
> *But when I want to create the frameworks with:
>    the file ./create-frameworks.sh
>
> sh create-frameworks.sh
>

> * I get this issue :
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/user/.local/bin/jhbuild", line 31, in <module>
>     jhbuild.main.main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/Users/user/Source/jhbuild/jhbuild/main.py", line 147, in main
>     rc = jhbuild.commands.run(command, config, args, help=lambda: print_help(parser))
>   File "/Users/user/Source/jhbuild/jhbuild/commands/__init__.py", line 123, in run
>     return cmd.execute(config, args, help)
>   File "/Users/user/Source/jhbuild/jhbuild/commands/__init__.py", line 52, in execute
>     return self.run(config, options, args, help)
> TypeError: run() takes exactly 4 arguments (5 given)
>
> No prefix setup, make sure you have a recent jhbuildrc file from
>  http://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/                                               /* I downloaded and run the sh file ok */
> and a framework creation setup (".jhbuildrc-cfw-10.4" file).               /* I have this file correct at my home directory */
>

> * How can I fix it  ?
>
> *Really I need a new framework for xcode I have a old version downloaded from http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet_mokoi/downloads/Third%20Party/Gtk-Framework-2.14-LATEST.dmg/, and was easy to install,  I was trying to find a new version on internet dmg or pkg, I didnt find nothing...
>

> My System:
> Snow leopard 10.6.7
> Xcode Version 3.2.5
>

> Thanks for help =)

Wow, you were actually able to do useful work with that framework? From inside of XCode? I'm frankly amazed.

I never managed to get the frameworks to build satisfactorily, and frankly the mismatch between the linux library architecture and OSX frameworks is so large that it's really not worth the trouble. Just build a regular Gtk installation and set up the include and library paths in your XCode project like you would to normal libraries in /usr.