Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Startup error on MacOSX 10.6.5 due to libxml2.2

Le dimanche 09 janvier 2011 à 09:06 -0800, John Ralls a écrit :
> On Jan 9, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am distributing GCompris packaged using gtk-osx. I have been reported
> > a problem on users of MacOSX 10.6.5. GCompris fails to start and report
> > this error:
> >
> > $ ./Desktop/GCompris.app/Contents/MacOS/GCompris
> > dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
> >  Referenced
> > from: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
> >  Reason: Incompatible library version: AppKit requires version 10.0.0
> > or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 9.0.0
> > Trace/BPT trap
> >
> > The mentioned GCompris here is based on the shell script 'launcher.sh'.
> > I have been reported that running the gcompris-bin directly instead of
> > the shell script run fines.
> >
> > I tried to upgrade the script to the latest version of ige-mac-bundler
> > but it did not fixed the problem.
> >

> The scripts distributed with ige-mac-bundler are *examples*. You're
> responsible for editing them so that they work with your program.
>
> That said, it seems unlikely that a library link error (particularly
> one involving Apple's installed frameworks) could be caused by a
> script error. You'll have to dig deeper with your user.
>
> Remember that Gtk-OSX is intended for use by developers, not
> script-kiddies. You're expected to be able to debug and correct
> problems with your package. Come here for help with specific usage
> questions, not vague pleas about *your* users not being able to run
> *your* package.

Hum, I should have mentioned that the same GCompris bundle works fine on
previous release of MacOSX. The issue here is probably because
libxml2.2.dylib is now shipped by MacOSX or has changed and there is an
incompatibility with the one I ship in my bundle.

By the way, I am not the only one with this error:
http://www.placebeau.nl/article/468/Fixing_OpenFTD_1_2_1_in_MacOSX_10_6_Snow_Leopard.html

I don't expect you to fix my script, I can manage this. What I am
looking at is the direction on how this issue must be managed under the
gtk-osx framework.

Bruno.