Re: [Gtk-osx-users] accelerator problem with GtkOSXApplication

On 15/02/2011, at 10:58 AM, Olivier Sessink wrote:

> 2011/2/14 Richard Procter <richard n procter gmail com>:
>>
>> [snip]
>
> great! thanks for this piece of sample code. You might want to to add
> this example to the GtkOSXApplication documentation because it will
> make life easier for a lot of programmers.

Glad to be of help. Keep in mind that I'm just someone who has recently
trod the same path you're currently on: I don't consider myself an
expert in GTK and am not suggesting any of this is the canonical way to
do things. John's suggestion of an explicit keymap file may well be the
superior solution for your needs.

I like mine because:

 +ve I needn't maintain multiple keymap files
 +ve And also the bulk conversion doesn't silently clobber existing keybindings,
     so it's relatively safe.

but

 -ve It may well make things more confusing for the user who wants to
     customise their bindings. They have to understand that <ctrl>
     means <command> on OS X.

 -ve Things get messy if you want both <command> and <ctrl> bindings.

> Is the <fn> key on OSX also usable in combination with regular keys?

I don't know, sorry.

warm regards,
Richard.