Re: [Gtk-osx-users] GtkOSXApplication menu support

Hi Jesse and Others

Did you resolve your problem with the extra apple menu ?

I have the same issue, it appears when I create a new window and switching between windows makes it disappear.

I also have a problem getting the "Window" and main menu to translate. Did you get this to work ?

/Mikkel

ons, 16 03 2011 kl. 16:03 +0100, skrev Jesse van den Kieboom:
On 03/16/2011 02:45 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2011, at 5:21 AM, Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently porting gedit to the new GtkOSXApplication. Things seem to be much nicer now (cool with the multiple windows support for global menu). There is one thing that is a bit strange and I don't know why it happens, but when I set the menu (according to the example) I get somehow an additional Apple (like the system menu) in the menu bar (only a bit smaller). The weird thing also is that when I open an additional gedit window, and then switch back to the first one, this smaller apple logo menu thingie disappears.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea why this happens and how to fix it?
> Does the extra apple have a menu attached to it? Is it a duplicate of the system menu or something else?
There is nothing attached to it (clicking it has not really any effect).
I can't reproduce with test-integration, but I'm not sure what could be
different in gedit. I also tried explicitly syncing the menu but it
doesn't remove the apple menu.