Re: [Gtk-osx-users] GtkGLExt OS X Quartz hack patch

On May 22, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Jacob Ole Juul Kolding wrote:

> I've made a patch that allows gtkglext to run on quartz osx without
> filling up the entire toplevel window.
> The problem was it seems that a function was used,
> gdk_quartz_window_get_nsview(widget->window);
> that always return the toplevel window.
>
> What I've done is to create a NSOpenGLView and add it as a subview to
> the toplevel NSView,
> and then manually resize the OpenGLView when necessary.
> (In a very hackish way...)
>
> I haven't changed anything regarding pixmaps or even the release
> context functions, but the basic widget/view works...
>
> ---
>
> (Full patched source)
> http://juvul.com/stuff/gtkglext-1.2.0.osx-hack.tar.gz
>
> Or..
>
> (The quartz hack patch)
> http://juvul.com/stuff/gtkglext-1.2.0.osx-hack.patch
>
> (The previous quartz patch..Apply first!!!)
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=54333&atid=473436&file_id=340448&aid=2750584
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=54333&atid=473436&file_id=340449&aid=2750584
>
> (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2750584&group_id=54333&atid=473436)
> (gtkglext-1.2.0_quartz_patch.diff.7z.001,gtkglext-1.2.0_quartz_patch.diff.7z.002)
>
> ---
>
> To build, just run the commands below in the patched gtkglext folder:
> (change the dir's to your own first..)
>
> jhbuild shell
> ./configure  --with-gdktarget=quartz --libdir=<gtk/inst/lib>
> --bindir=<gtk/inst/bin> --includedir=<gtk/inst/include>
> make
> make install

Thanks.

Could you open a bug against Gtk+ describing the problem and providing the patch as an attachment? There was a  mention on gtk-devel a few weeks ago about how only the toplevel GdkWindows were being realized as NSViews. I don't think that the person who did that change (and at this point I don't remember if it was Mattias or Kristian) recognized the problem.

They should be able to come up with a somewhat less hackish solution, too.