[Gtk-osx-users] Application Menu Groups

Steffen Guttman filed a bug (http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/ticket/37) complaining that with GtkOSXApplication there isn't a separator between the Preferences and Services menu items in the App menu. He suggested making the menu group put the separator at the end rather than at the beginning.

But I think that the whole menu group mechanism is rather cumbersome and doesn't really accomplish anything, so I propose getting rid of it entirely. You want a separator? Pass a GtkSeparatorMenuItem to GtkOSXApplication::add_app_menu_item(). I'd add an index parameter to that function so that you can specify where you want the new menu item to go in the menu.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the matter?