Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Building for OS X Snow Leopard

On Nov 11, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Shawn Bakhtiar wrote:

Yes!!!!!

My application is now running on OS X Snow Leopard. Yay!!!!

How to:

must use the 10.5 / i386 to build. I have not been able to do it any other way.

to do so edit .jhbuildrc-custom file and add the following line:

setup_sdk(target="10.5", sdk_version="10.5", architectures=["i386"])

at the command prompt type:

prompt> jhbuild bootstrap

prompt> jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap

STOP!

get libiconv, libtiff, libjpeg, libpng

use the jhbuild shell to build each library MAKE SURE to use --prefix to point it to where you gtk install is (I.E. mine is at /Users/shawn/gtk/inst

STOP!

patch the gtkprintbackendcups.c as shown below.

complete the build process:

prompt> jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core

This should give you a complete gtk install on snow leopard

Optional

prompt> jhbuild build gtk-doc
prompt> jhbuild buld libglade

I hope this helps. I can now confirm that this works on SL and I don't know if it is the new machine or what but the app looks solid and fast.

Kudos to all who developed these tools, the work, and without them I would be lost :S

Great job of self-help!

I bumped up against the gtkprintbackendcups.c error yesterday and hadn't had time to figure it out. Go file a bug with your patch against gtk+ in bugzilla for your deserved acclaim.

You shouldn't need libiconv for building i386, just for x86_64 (the x86_64 image in the fat library is missing the symbol libiconv_init, but the other images have it). libtiff, libjpeg, and libpng should all be built by meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap. Perhaps you didn't clean out the inst directory from your x86_64 effort and jhbuild got confused?