Re: Opening a thread in gmail

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM, John
Ralls<jralls ceridwen fremont ca us> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2009, at 5:52 PM, Chip Parker wrote:
>> Since i'm 99.999% sure I'll need to bug you about jhbuild and what
>> else is going on again in the future, I'm saying hi here.
>> Btw, are you aware if there's a method that can be used to seed the
>> jhbuild's sources without actually building anything? So that if I
>> decide it's time to change sdk's I can do so without hitting the
>> network and costing other people bandwidth?
>> Anyway, thanks for your help,
>> Chip Parker
> Hi Chip,
> Heh, especially for questions like that I'd prefer the mailing list. That
> way the Q&A gets archived and others can search it.
> Anyway, there's an "update" command that just does the downloading. Is that
> what you mean?
> If you're doing a mostly tarball build you can also copy (or protect) the
> sourcedir/pkgs directory, which is where the tarballs are. If jhbuild finds
> a tarball already there it won't download it again.
> You might be interested in the jhbuild manual,
>, if you haven't already
> found it. It's not completely up to date, but it's mostly correct.
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Well, the biggest reason why I didn't want to use the ML for this
thread is because I'm still figuring things out and prefer not to look
like a complete idiot due to entirely unexpected/unintended behavior.
It also seems like _libiconv has been changed to _iconv in 10.6, which
makes me scratch my head.