Re: [gtk-osx-devel] Tools with Homebrew

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 7:43 PM John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

It might be worthwhile to see if there's any way we can use the Gnome modulesets. Alison Lortie did a lot of work on them a couple of years ago to get them to work with one of the BSDs (I forget which), and Darwin is technically a BSD. If that could be made to work it would be more of a work-saver than integrating with Homebrew.

I took a dive into the history and saw a commit from Allison actually adding support for conditions "darwin", "macos", and "quartz": https://github.com/GNOME/jhbuild/commit/2392352755f9284fbfb338d933b249f20dda8c14

That looked promising. I'm building now using the official modulesets and hitting fewer failures than I expected so far.

Philip