Re: [gtk-osx-devel] Input method shortcut conflict in osx

On Oct 19, 2016, at 7:16 AM, 蒋颿 <fan torchz gmail com> wrote:

Hi,
I'm having some trouble with the input method shortcut when "shift" seems captured by gtk text entry, thus not going to input method to switch between en/zh_CN. This also happen on some other shortcuts.
This only happens on osx, on linux it looks all fine. I tried to unbind the "shift" in gtk-keys.css but not work.
So, Is there any conflict between the shortcut of gnome and osx that lead to this problem? Or maybe it's a Quartz compatibility issue?

I don't know if there's a conflict, but MacOS  does have different keyboard shortcuts. If you're using the quartz imcontext in your Gtk program on MacOS then it's channelling the native MacOS input sources. The MacOS default shortcuts to switch are command-space (previous input source) and option-command-space (next input source). If you're using a different imcontext on MacOS then I don't know what might be going on, but I recommend using imquartz.

Regards,
John Ralls