Re: [gtk-osx-devel] Building gtk+3 on macOS - pygobject3 build error

On Nov 4, 2016, at 10:22 AM, Марко М. Костић <marko m kostic gmail com> wrote:

First of all, thank you Jim Charlton and John Ralls for assisting me in resolving issues
with building of libepoxy. I have managed to build it by using John's instructions.

Anyhow, I hit another bump in the road when I tried to build moduleset meta-gtk-osx-python3-gtk3.
The same configuration is in question (macOS Sierra 10.12.1, Xcode 8.1). The problem happens
during the build process of the pygobject3 module.

The output of the failed build follows:

   Making all in tests
   test -L libgimarshallingtests.dylib || ln -s .libs/libgimarshallingtests.dylib
libgimarshallingtests.dylib
   test -L libregress.dylib || ln -s .libs/libregress.dylib libregress.dylib
     GEN      testhelper.la
   ld: -stack_size option can only be used when linking a main executable
   make[2]: *** [testhelper.la] Error 1
   make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
   make: *** [all] Error 2
   *** Error during phase build of pygobject3: ########## Error running make -j 3  *** [33/35]

Does anybody know what could cause this?

Yes, it's an error in libs/python3.4/_sysconfigdata.py
'LINKFORSHARED': '-Wl,stack_size=100000 -framework CoreFoundation',
should be
'LINKFORSHARED': '-framework CoreFoundation',

Just edit it to remove the stack_size option.

Regards,
John Ralls