Re: [gtk-osx-devel] configure: error: Python module libxml2 is needed to run this package

On Dec 24, 2014, at 10:33 PM, Jim Charlton <charltn gmail com> wrote:
Thanks John:

After the above I went on to run
jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-gtk3
jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm3

I ran into a small problem in building meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm.  There was a problem with
/Applications/Drumroaster/gtk/inst/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkwindow.h on line 1054 where flags is of type
GdkWindowHints instead of gint.  This meant changing flags type in
/Applications/Drumroaster/gtk/Source/gtk/gtkmm-3.10.1/gdkmm/window.cc at line 948 (change gint to
GdkWindowHints).  Also need to change /Applications/Drumroaster/gtk/Source/gtk/gtkmm-3.10.1/gdkmm/window.h
line 2610 ... same change.  Then meta-gtk-osx-gtkmm3 builds OK.  I only compiled one small program with the
library... but all seems well.

Those aren’t the base files; it looks like gtkmm synthesizes those files out of gdk/src/window.ccg and
window.hg. Look at gtkmm master and see if those warnings have been fixed already, and if not file a bug on
gtkmm.

OTOH, gtk-osx-gtkmm.modules needs updating so that the versions are in sync with Philip’s recent
contribution. I’ll have a look at that tomorrow.

Merry Christmas,
John Ralls