Re: [gtk-osx-devel] gtkosxapplication.h

On Sep 25, 2012, at 9:21 AM, Steffen Gutmann <muibase yahoo com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The header file gtkosxapplication.h in module-set stable misses a closing G_END_DECLS.

Yeah, that was fixed in Git a long time ago, but I had never made a new release.

I've now done so and updated the modulesets accordingly.

The major change is that it is now introspectable. There's a demo in bindings/python, but it should work with any language bindings that support GI.

There's also new support for icons in menu items, contributed by Julien Woillez. It's disabled by default, but if you want it, pass --enable-menu-icons to configure. It handles pixbufs and stock icons.

Note that the API had to be changed to work with Introspection. In particular:

1. Introspection wouldn't let me use the "gtk_" prefix because it's already in use by Gtk, so gtk_osxapplication_foo() becomes gtkosx_application_foo() for all values of foo.

2. Introspection couldn't find the non-class bundle functions quartz_application_bundle_bar(), so those are renamed gtkosx_application_bundle_bar() for all values of bar.

Two seds and you're done.

Regards,
John Ralls