[gtk-osx-devel] getting started on osx gtk development

Hello there,

I'm starting to poke around on GTK for osx, specifically for a neat
little project you may or may not be familiar with called Geany -->
http://geany.org

To get started, I have a couple issues I'm trying to resolve:

1) paste doesn't work currently the application. Copy works, so I can
copy and then paste to another app eg TextEdit, but pasting within the
app doesn't work.

2) startup time -- I'd like to speed up the app's startup time. Right
now it's 8-10 seconds.

Any suggestions on where to begin? I consider myself a junior or
student-level C programmer, just getting started but eager to learn. I
spend more of my time in Python and Java, but going to be headed
towards objective-C in the future so this is a great opportunity to
sharpen my C skills.

Thanks!!

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.