Re: [Gtk-osx-devs] Gtk 64bit

On Jul 26, 2009, at 10:26 AM, Adam Puleo wrote:

> I would like to compile the package for 64bit.
>
> How would I go about doing this?
>
> I have tried setting the following env vars:
> CFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
> export CFLAGS
> CPPFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
> export CPPFLAGS
> LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
> export LDFLAGS
>
> I'm still getting a "file is not of required architecture".
>
> How do I force the jhbuild to build 64bit?

Never tried, but we should be able to work through this.

What file is being complained about? At what stage? I haven't
completely reviewed the quartz gtk, gdk, pango, and cairo code yet,
but it's possible that there are parts that use Carbon, which might
produce just that error at link time as Carbon doesn't support 64-bit.

Are you setting the -arch x86_64 flags before doing anything else?
(I.e., rm -rf ~/gtk, do the exports, then jhbuild bootstrap etc.)

Have you looked at the compile commands in the output to make sure
that the -arch flag is correctly passed to gcc, and that it's the only
arch flag? (That's important, because if gcc gets two arch flags, it
will try to do a universal build. Glib and gtk+ can't be built
universal that way (they use assembly); they have to be built
separately for each architecture and lipo-ed together.)

Regards,
John Ralls