Re:

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 12:10 PM Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:

Hi, Paul,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 12:03 PM Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 10:49 AM Igor Korot via gtk-list <gtk-list gnome org> wrote:

Why do we even talking about button number, when the doc explicitly said
"right-click", which implies "right mouse button".

X Window (at the very least) allows buttons to be remapped. Button #1 is typically the left mouse button,
but a user may remap them (eg. left-handed people with a strong preference for using the mouse in their
left hand). "left" and "right" buttons normally have a semantic meaning (e.g. "the button normally used
for clicking on things" vs "the button used for context menus etc.") and you cannot hard code these on X
Window.  More precisely, if you do hard code them, you disenfranchise a set of users who remap their
mouse buttons.

Are you saying that if I map the left mouse button to be the right one
and click on it, I will not get that signal?

As far as the user code is concerned, the button I press to get the
context menu shouldn't matter, because this a low-level signal.
All the user code should be aware is - did I click the action button
or context menu one. Why do I need to care which is which?

Moreover - why user should care where the signal comes from - mouse or
keyboard?
I just need a proper place to display the context menu and make sure
I can either dismiss it or get the proper action.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Could you give me a scenario?

Thank you.