Re: Moving from mailing lists to Discourse

Am Mittwoch, den 06.02.2019, 12:46 +0100 schrieb Emmanuele Bassi via
gtk-app-devel-list:
[Cross-posted to various relevant mailing lists; please, reply to
gtk-devel-list]

As part of an attempt at making GTK more friendly to newcomers, I and
other
core developers were thinking of moving the mailing lists from the
current
mailman installation to Discourse:

  https://discourse.org/

Possibly still hosted on GNOME infrastructure, depending on the
requirements for our sysadmins.

The GTK project would have various sub-topics, mostly around
development
with and of GTK. Having a better archive search, a better moderation
system, and a decent web UI are the major selling points for
switching to
Discourse. The fact that the project is also open source is neatly
aligned
with our values.

Are there any objections? Did somebody already try out Discourse and
has
opinions about it that they want to share with the community?

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

I'd very much welcome such a change. Being able to inline screenshots
would greatly improve discussions around certain problems IMHO.

--Tilo