Re: XTestFakeKeyEvent GDK-equivalent

​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On 6 July 2018 9:57 AM, Eric Williams <ericwill redhat com> wrote:

Hello,

On 07/05/2018 02:40 PM, Anarchean via gtk-list wrote:

Hi,

I'm working into implementing a virtual remote keyboard/touch pad daemon

for Linux, currently I'm dumping events into an uinput device, but that

is giving me some trouble with my keyboard layout (which is brazillian,

br-abnt2). I was looking for a way to this in X, found XTestFakeKeyEvent

and was wondering if I could make it simpler and cross-platform using

GDK3. I tried this attached code, but it doesn't do anything. I was

wondering if someone has done this before and know what I'm doing wrong

or if I should just give up doing with GDK.

Perhaps something like this?

https://developer.gnome.org/gdk3/stable/gdk3-Testing.html#gdk-test-simulate-key

Eric Williams

Software Engineer - Eclipse/SWT Team

Red Hat

Hey, Eric. I've just tried that function, it didn't do anything, I'm attaching my code so you can see if I'm
doing this wrong.