Re: Display Raster Data?

I should point out that the draw_func may be called by Gtk whenever it needs,
The best is to have the timer callback change the "current" bitmap and call gtk_widget_queue_draw_area().
Then on the drawing callback of the drawing area you just paint the "current" bitmap.

I suggest you use GStreamer, you can build a video by pushing bitmap frames and it does everything else for you.

Otherwise, you can animate a DrawingArea. Set up a 60hz timer on your own. The timer callback simply calls
gtk_widget_queue_draw_area(). Then, on the draw_func of your drawingarea you display the bitmaps, one after another.
That's the simplest solution but can have lower timing quality

Luca

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 3:45 AM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

> 60Hz is a reasonable common refresh rate, but it's not universal, and you
> probably should not rely on it being the context in which your program runs.

... I'm not, the update is driven by frame decoding elsewhere. I
pointed it out because doing it at ~60Hz is going to be harder than
say 30Hz or 25Hz and can dictate what is most proper.